LLP "JV" Kazgermunai " has on its balance 5 separate oil and gas fields, including Central Akshabulak, East Akshabulak, South Akshabulak, Nuraly and Aksai which is in conservation since 2006.
Scope of the LLP "JV" Kazgermunai " activity include the exploration, development, production and marketing of hydrocarbons.
Depletion of extracted reserves currently composes 50%, with approved extraction factor (OEF) of 49%.
Currently projects of company production capacity increase are developing aimed to increase oil layers extraction and oil extraction factor at the oilfield of LLP "JV" Kazgermunai ".
From year to year the company production figures strip rose higher and higher. So, in 2009, hydrocarbon production peaked 3,202 million tons. Over the past nine years, the Company consistently keeps the oil production bar at 3.0 million tons per year, which allows LLP "JV" Kazgermunai "to be on a number of major oil companies of Kyzylorda region and among the top ten major oil companies in Kazakhstan.
Central Akshabulak oilfield
Oil field was discovered in 1989 on the results of drilling an exploratory well No 7. It is located 75 km south of the large Kumkol field and covers an area of 235 square kilometer. This is the largest field of LLP "JV" Kazgermunai " as per reserves and oil production volume. The field is developing starting from October 1996.
East Akshabulak oilfield
It was discovered in 1989 by drilling well № 2.
It is located 10 km north-east of the Central Akshabulak oilfield. Eastern part of the field is being developed by LLP "South Oil" Company. The field is developing starting from October 1999.
South Akshabulak oilfield
It was discovered in 1989 by drilling well N№ 3.
Oil and gas field is directly adjacent from the south side to the developing Central Akshabulak oilfield. The field is developing starting from December 2004.
Nuraly structure was discovered in 1983.
The structure is located 35 km north-west of Akshabulak oilfield and covers an area of 350 square kilometers.
This is the second oilfield of LLP "JV" Kazgermunai " as per reserves and production volume. For the first time oil was discovered in 1987 and extraction began in June 1996.
Aksai oil and gas field was discovered in 1988.
It is located 25 km west of Akshabulak oilfield and covers an area of 296 square kilometers. Currently, the field is in the temporary preservation. At the end of 2011 project documents to develop this oilfield were approved. In 2014 it is planned to complete the arrangements and start the industrial commissioning of oilfield.
At the oilfields of the Company a closed system for the collection and transportation of gas-liquid mixture is adopted. At present, all facilities operated in the fields, are built using advanced technology in the oil industry and production process at present is completely automated.
1. GU-1, GU-2 commissioning year is 2009, capacity is 365 000 ton/a year (each);
2. GU-3: commissioning year is 2013, capacity is 547 500 tons / a year;
3. CPF: commissioning year is 1999; capacity is 3.0 million tons / a year;
4. BKNS: commissioning year is 2004; capacity is 4.4 million m3/ a year;
5. UPG-1: commissioning year is 2005, production capacity of: dry gas is 250 million m3/ a year; LPG is 60 000 t / year;
6. UPG-2 commissioning year is 2011, production capacity of: dry gas is 192 million m3/ a year, LPG is 83 200 t / a year;
7. Akshabulak – Kumkol pipeline: commissioning year is 1998; capacity is 3.0 million tons / a year;
8. Akshabulak – Kyzylorda pipeline: commissioning year is 2005; capacity is 420 million m3/ a year.
1. BPS North: commissioning year is 2009; capacity is 250,000 tons / a year;
2. BPS South: commissioning year is 2009, capacity is 250 000 tons / a year;
3. UPN: commissioning year is 2009, capacity is 640 000 tons / a year;
4. BKNS: commissioning year is 2009; capacity is 1.2 million m3/ a year;
5. Nuraly – Akshabulak pipeline: commissioning year is 2009, capacity is 144 000 m3/ a year;
6. Nuraly – Akshabulak pipeline: commissioning year is 2014, capacity is 700 000 tons / a year.